[Cryptography] What is a secure conversation? (Was: online forums...)

Arnold Reinhold agr at me.com
Tue Dec 31 17:54:44 EST 2013

On 30 Dec 2013 18:14 Theodore Ts'o wrote:
>  ...(And apparently the NSA
> is planning on moving strongly to thin clients to make it a lot harder
> for a future insider leaker. ...

The NSA's horse has already left the barn. The U.S. Government's first priority should be to do this at our nuclear weapons labs, before our bomb design codes (in Fortran, no doubt) wind up on BitTorrent. I would thought they'd have learned their lesson after Private Manning. How many times does the bell have to ring?

(And if anyone from NSA is reading these pearls of wisdom, a Happier New Year and pass this on to your boss.)

Arnold Reinhold