[Cryptography] What are other related forums already setup?, lists, et al ?

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 13:25:41 EST 2013

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM, Tom Ritter <tom at ritter.vg> wrote:

> On Dec 26, 2013 1:41 PM, "don warner saklad" <warnersaklad at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > What are other related forums already setup?, lists, et al ?
>
> http://eprint.iacr.org/forum/
>
> Near dead :)

A forum is a good format for a discussion that is not time sensitive and is
arranged by separate topics. So it is a good format for having a discussion
about a specific code project.

Mailing lists work a lot better than forums for news driven discussions.

But like many of the features of the Internet, these are essentially
historical distinctions rather than necessary ones. If we had better
clients and protocols we could support forum, comment, mailing list and
mail in a single asynchronous messaging format. We could even bridge
synchronous and asynchronous.

One of the features of my email security proposal is that it has a policy
layer where a receiver can say 'please send encrypted mail in S/MIME or PGP
formats' or whatever their receipt policy is.

A lot of people have realized that this could also be used to say 'please
use the JSON-B based messaging protocol'. Where JSON-B is simply standard
JSON with some code points added for inserting length delimited binary or
unicode blobs without the need for BASE64 or escaping mechanisms.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/