[Cryptography] Serious paranoia...

Jerry Leichter leichter at lrw.com
Wed Dec 25 12:26:13 EST 2013

On Dec 24, 2013, at 8:35 PM, Bill Cox wrote:
> So, consensus seems to be that [my previous posting] is just paranoia....
>
> My next question is shills.  I often think I'm seeing potential shills, but it's hard to tell a shill paid to subvert Internet security from the common dork.  For example, on one of my other posts on this forum, "Why don't we protect our passwords"....
>
> So, is Krisztián a dork or a shill?  Do we live in a world where we can't chat intelligently about security because of NSA shills, or is the world really full of that many dorks?
You know, I've been a subscriber to this mailing list since ... let's see now ... early June of 2008; at least that's the earliest message I can find.  I've stuck to it because of the high level of expertise of the participants - and the general tone and quality of the contributions.  We've had serious discussions of the issues, not personal attacks, name-calling and paranoia.

I haven't seen much in the way of technically competent analysis from you since your first posting about a hardware RNG, and you're certainly lowering the level of discourse here.  Either up your game or get out.  The Internet has plenty of places to rant.

(Just my personal opinion; I'm not the list's moderator.)

                                                        -- Jerry