[Cryptography] Serious paranoia...

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 16:45:42 EST 2013

Well my main machine suddenly shut down last night right after I managed to
successfully send an encrypted mail and read it at the other end.

The water cooling loop was out of coolant despite the claim of the
manufacturer that it was 'maintenance free'. So obviously a STUXNET type
attack.

In reference to the other thread on how to check code. My approach is to
use a code synthesizer and bring the code as close as possible to the spec.
If someone wants to audit the code they can read the generated code which
is very plain vanilla and exceptionally regular. They can also look at the
generator and see if it has special case handling for particular specs.

Sure someone could bongo the synthesizer, just like they could bongo the
compiler. But that would be very hard to sustain.