[Cryptography] Serious paranoia...

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 23:15:47 EST 2013

Do any of you guys find that web sites go down after you post a new crypto
related idea to an email list?  When I posted to the TrueCrypt list it went
down for over a day.  I just posted to the password-hashing.net list, and
it's down right now.  This happened before when I posted to the old
BitTorrent list.  The sites just go away for a while.  Also, my wife is mad
at me.  She thinks my crypto posts are causing delays in her emails.  My
emails seem to get delayed after I post dumb crypto ideas.  This whole site
is down:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.phc

I posted my dumb ideas for key stretching there earlier today.  I'm sure
it's junk, but when I make these kinds of posts with mostly junk and
potentially a new idea or two, sites seem to just go away for a while.  The
posts usually make it through eventually, though one whole thread on the
TrueCrypt list seems to be no longer findable, unless you have a saved link
to it.

Anyone else see anything like this?  Is it total paranoia?  It's kind of
freaking me out.