[Cryptography] RSA is dead.

William Allen Simpson william.allen.simpson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 03:33:42 EST 2013

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/12/23/rsa_nsa_response/

   "We made the decision to use Dual EC DRBG as the default in
   BSAFE toolkits in 2004, in the context of an industry-wide
   effort to develop newer, stronger methods of encryption. At
   that time, the NSA had a trusted role in the community-wide
   effort to strengthen, not weaken, encryption."

The NSA has *NEVER* been trusted to strengthen security!

Have we forgotten their multi-year effort in the '90s to suborn
key management?  40-bit keys?  Weakening IPsec?  Trying to
prevent SSH from distribution?

   "The carefully worded post, which avoids discussing whether or
   not the company actually took the NSA's $10m, ...."

That itself is an indictment of RSA.  If they are concealing
taking money, then they knew it was wrong.

It's time to DigiNotar RSA.