[Cryptography] RSA is dead.

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 08:21:39 EST 2013

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Bill Cox <waywardgeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/22/2013 8:52 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>
>> The NSA has become the crypto world equivalent of Fox 'News': once you
>> work there you can't work anywhere else in the industry.
>>
> Ouch!  I have a fantastic job, and I doubt the NSA would want a
> 50-year-old geek like me, but half of what really upsets me about all the
> recent news is I've always wanted to do crypto (as well as what I actually
> do - it's an ADHD thing).  The recent revelations just show that the NSA is
> good at their job.  Why would that discourage geeks like me?  Now comparing
> to Fox News... that's below the belt.  BTW, is there anywhere else that
> even matters in the industry?  Aren't they the elephant in the room?

The problem is that after someone has worked for the NSA there will be
under the suspicion that they might be following orders from the agency to
put backdoors into product after they leave.

What the recent revelations really show is that the NSA is abjectly
incompetent at its real job which is making America safe. They have failed
to protect the confidentiality of US government secrets. They were pwned by
a 29 year old contractor.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/