[Cryptography] RSA is dead.

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 16:59:43 EST 2013

Nonsense.  Most other equally capable developers should be able to discover
a backdoor with far less effort to hide it.  Reading other people's code is
a skill that some people never acquire, but it's generally easier to
understand someone else's code entirely than to have created it from
scratch.

If the code is so obscure that this is not the case, that code should not
be used in crypto.  I'll just point out that gtksu falls exactly into this
category, yet we continue to use it... it really deserves to be retired.
 Open source is *very* helpful, but if the people with the decision power
over what to include are far more ignorant than the coders... well then
just forget security.