[Cryptography] Bitcoin is the crypto bleeding edge

ianG iang at iang.org
Sun Dec 22 03:38:58 EST 2013

On 22/12/13 10:40 AM, Patrick Mylund Nielsen wrote:

> I tend to be the loudest in my criticism when people actively argue
> *against* anything but a few iterations of SHA-256 with arguments that
> outright dismiss user security without even providing a usability
> benefit. When you're having trouble reaching a bigger crowd,
> misinformation certainly doesn't help.

right, which leads me to think of

6.  Show me the money!  Today's revelation for me is that

    * bitcoin is cryptography's bleeding edge *

This is because of two factors:  it is where the money is *and* they are
stealing it.  These two factors together mean that this is the one live
experiment where we get to see crypto in the real live economic experiment.

Which leads to the next answer:  if bitcoin is being lost (and it is
being lost in bucket loads) through password crunching, then they have
that problem and they will fix it.

So, do what they do.

If in the alternate bitcoin is not being lost for the cause of password
crunching, then they've solved it.  Economically.

Then, do what they do :)

iang

ps; more on this "show me the money" here:
http://financialcryptography.com/mt/archives/001460.html