[Cryptography] Decentralized, global, irreversible, transaction database...

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Dec 20 23:19:24 EST 2013

On 2013-12-21 08:48, Robert Christian wrote:
> �It also might be possible to refactor and restructure Bitcoin to separate
> out the key new idea, a decentralized, global, irreversible transaction
> database."

Not being worked on.

Or perhaps it is, for example namecoin.

Satoshi's idea of one CPU, one vote, is undermined by dedicated
hardware, one FPGA, one vote.

Also, we would like a global database that could handle more material
than the bitcoin database, which is creaking under the strain.

Two useful activities for a global irreversible database:  Record
payments, resulting in conserved money, record  mappings between names
and public keys, making sure they are the same for everyone.

Not happy with Satoshi's solution, but, on the other hand, he has a
solution and I do not.