[Cryptography] Kindle as crypto hardware

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sat Dec 7 23:18:51 EST 2013

At 07:10 AM 12/5/2013, you wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 06:46:04PM -0800, Bill Stewart wrote:
> > And don't go buying that NSArrduino
> > clone board, which has a chip marked "ATmega328" that's actually an
> > ARM emulation with a radio transmitter.
>
>Citation and more detail about this accusation, please?

Sorry, hoped it would be obvious that that was a joke.

Not totally impossible that they could have done such a thing, if
they actually wanted to,
because there are a few PDIP-packaged ARM chips, or they're rumored
to have their own chip fabbing,
there's plenty of spare horsepower, and the average hobbyist wouldn't
notice as long as the pinouts were right.
My real worry about such things is getting the 3.3v part when I'm
expecting a 5v part.