[Cryptography] ADMIN: sending from a second account to the list

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Wed Aug 10 20:17:06 EDT 2011

Several people have complained to me that they get their email for
the list sent from a different address than the one they send from
and that their mail has bounced as a result.

To take care of this, on your own, just add a second account using
the web interface and click the "no mail" option. You will then be
able to mail to the list from that address but you won't get mail to
it.

For those that asked, this isn't a normal Mailman feature -- I hacked
it in with a Postfix policy daemon so it happens at the MTA
dialog. It is necessary because the list gets hundreds and sometimes
thousands of spam attempts a day and I didn't want to deal with the
mail queues being clogged with thousands of bounce messages that
would never be delivered

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com