What's the state of the art in factorization?

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Tue Apr 20 11:45:30 EDT 2010

I was alerted to some slides from a talk that Dan Bernstein gave a few
days ago at the University of Montreal on what tools will be needed to
factor 1024 bit numbers:

http://cr.yp.to/talks/2010.04.16/slides.pdf

It has been a couple of years since there has been serious discussion on
the list on this topic, and especially in the light of various technical
decisions being undertaken on the size of DNS signing keys for high
valued zones (like root), I was curious as to whether anyone had any
interesting comments on the state of the art in factorization.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com