Watermarking...

Massimiliano Pala pala at cs.dartmouth.edu
Tue Apr 20 11:29:09 EDT 2010

[Moderator's note: Please no top posting. --Perry]

Hello Sandy, all,

basically what I need is a library that will allow me to check for
a watermark into an image/video/etc. It could be different algorithms
for different media type - my work is not related to the algorithms
themselves.

The important issues are:
* the algorithm(s) should be based on public key (asymmetric)

* my program should be able to verify that a watermark exists and
    has been generated with a private key corresponding to a specific
    public key

* an attacker should not be able to add a watermark that my app
    would recognize as valid (ie., the verification would fail when
    using my app's public key if an attacker tries to substitute
    the watermark)

* if the watermark is removed/altered/substituted I should be able
    to detect it

* the watermark should be invisible

Do you know if/where can I find some libraries that provides me with
some implementation of one or more algorithms that satisfy my needs ?
I know there are a lot of publications about these algorithms, but
I need a usable (also if not perfect) implementation.. preferably
written in C/C++

Cheers,
Max

--

Best Regards,

	Massimiliano Pala

Massimiliano Pala [OpenCA Project Manager]                   openca at acm.org
                                                   project.manager at openca.org

Dartmouth Computer Science Dept               Home Phone: +1 (603) 369-9332
PKI/Trust Laboratory                          Work Phone: +1 (603) 646-8734
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us
who do.
							   -- Isaac Asimov