Biotech Based "Cryptogram Challenge"

Jon Callas jon at callas.org
Thu Sep 17 18:14:35 EDT 2009

On Sep 17, 2009, at 6:31 AM, Jim Windle wrote:

> http://www.genengnews.com/cryptogramchallenge/
>
> This is contest to decode the message encrypted in the colors of a
> 96 well
> microtiter plate used for an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay test
> in which
> the color indicate the amount of antigen present.  The first to
> decode it
> gets a $1500 prize.

Yes, but it has nothing to do with biotech at all, except in the
presentation. The instructions say that the plaintext is represented
in the RGB values of each cell, along with the transparency (alpha) of
each color blob. So each character is represented (wolog, since we
don't know how deep the alpha channel is) by an integer value of ABGR
of each color blob.

Cute, but not biotech.

	Jon