Security of Mac Keychain, File Vault

Jerry Leichter leichter at lrw.com
Sat Oct 24 17:31:27 EDT 2009

The article at http://www.net-security.org/article.php?id=1322 claims
that both are easily broken.  I haven't been able to find any public
analyses of Keychain, even though the software is open-source so it's
relatively easy to check.  I ran across an analysis of File Vault not
long ago which pointed out some fairly minor nits, but basically
claimed it did what it set out to do.

The article makes a bunch of other claims which aren't obviously
unreasonable.

Anyone one know of more recent analysis of Mac encryption stuff?  (OS
bugs/security holes are a whole other story....)
                                                         -- Jerry