[Barker, Elaine B.] NIST Publication Announcements

Stephan Neuhaus neuhaus at st.cs.uni-sb.de
Thu Oct 1 11:07:46 EDT 2009

On Oct 1, 2009, at 16:46, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> It is also completely impossible to prove you've deleted a
> record. Someone who can read the record can always make a copy of
> it. Cryptography can't fix the DRM problem.

Sorry, I should have clarified that. We don't want to verify that Bob
has in fact deleted the patient record, we just want to verify whether
Bob *claims* to have deleted the patient record *within the time span
given*. If Alice later finds out that Bob has lied, she will have this
signed claim, with which she can take him to court.

Best,

Stephan