Crypto dongles to secure online transactions

lists at notatla.org.uk lists at notatla.org.uk
Thu Nov 12 20:27:02 EST 2009

Ben Laurie <benl google.com> writes:

> Anyway, I should mention my own paper on this subject (with Abe
> Singer) from NSPW 2008, "Take The Red Pill _and_ The Blue Pill":
> http://www.links.org/files/nspw36.pdf

In writing on page 2 that you do not need to secure what you
put in an Amazon shopping basket until you come to arrange
payment and delivery you may be overlooking some things.

Amazon's future recommendations are affected by what has
been put in your basket; even if removed later.

A compromised browser could show false prices and availability
so causing you to choose expensive used goods from a crook and
not discover cheaper sources.