Effects of OpenID or similar standards

Erwan Legrand erwan.legrand at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 16:19:08 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 9:41 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood
<david-sarah at jacaranda.org> wrote:
> Jerry is absolutely correct that the practical result will be that most
> users of OpenID will become more vulnerable to compromise of a single
> password.

Do you really believe most people use different passwords for different sites?

Let's face it: most people use the same password for every single Web
site they connect to. Starting from here, I can't see OpenID becoming
much of a problem.

--
Erwan Legrand

Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability.
        -- E. W. Dijkstra