OpenSSL 0.9.8l released

Ben Laurie ben at links.org
Thu Nov 5 11:53:54 EST 2009

   OpenSSL version 0.9.8l released
   ===============================

   OpenSSL - The Open Source toolkit for SSL/TLS
   http://www.openssl.org/

   The OpenSSL project team is pleased to announce the release of
   version 0.9.8l of our open source toolkit for SSL/TLS. This new
   OpenSSL version is a security release which disables renegotiation
   as a workaround for CVE-2009-3555.  For a complete list of changes,
   please see http://www.openssl.org/source/exp/CHANGES.

   We consider OpenSSL 0.9.8l to be the best version of OpenSSL
   available and we strongly recommend that users of older versions
   upgrade as soon as possible. OpenSSL 0.9.8l is available for
   download via HTTP and FTP from the following master locations (you
   can find the various FTP mirrors under
   http://www.openssl.org/source/mirror.html):

     * http://www.openssl.org/source/
     * ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/

   The distribution file names are:

    o openssl-0.9.8l.tar.gz
      Size: 4179422
      MD5 checksum: 05a0ece1372392a2cf310ebb96333025
      SHA1 checksum: d3fb6ec89532ab40646b65af179bb1770f7ca28f

   The checksums were calculated using the following commands:

    openssl md5 openssl-0.9.*.tar.gz
    openssl sha1 openssl-0.9.*.tar.gz

   Yours,

   The OpenSSL Project Team...

    Mark J. Cox             Nils Larsch         Ulf Mller
    Ralf S. Engelschall     Ben Laurie          Andy Polyakov
    Dr. Stephen Henson      Richard Levitte     Geoff Thorpe
    Lutz Jnicke            Bodo Mller

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html           http://www.links.org/