Significance of Schnorr's "Factoring Integers in Polynomial Time"?

Markus Rückert rueckert at cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed May 13 08:11:17 EDT 2009

I have three brief comments.

1) The main theorem assumes that we can find a vector of length
≤ \sqrt{2eπ} n^b λ_1
In general, this is not possible in polynomial time, esp. for small b.

2) NEW ENUM takes time exponential in n unless b is very small such that n^b
is eliminated by rd(L).

3) GSA does not hold in general. So, even if everything else checks out, the
argument might break down here.

We need to see the full result to say more. But in the meantime, let's not be
afraid ;-)

Cheers,
Markus

Am Montag, 11. Mai 2009 16:47:36 schrieb Ralf-Philipp Weinmann:
>Wanna reply?

>-RPW

Markus Rückert

TU Darmstadt, Fachbereich Informatik