112-bit prime ECDLP solved

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Sat Jul 18 09:54:43 EDT 2009

By the way, we've recently been planning our next crypto-capabilities
design for the TahoeLAFS secure distributed filesystem.  This
involves deciding whether a 192-bit elliptic curve public key is
strong enough, as well as subtler and more unusual issues involving
embedding keys directly into filehandles or URLS, multiple-targets
attacks, and a novel public key scheme that I invented (and that
therefore I think we shouldn't use):

http://allmydata.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2009-July/002314.html

Your comments would be appreciated!  I've added
tanja at hyperelliptic.org and jamesd at echeque.com to the list of
addresses that can post to tahoe-dev without being subscribed.

Regards,

Zooko