Contradictory opinion on KMIP

Arshad Noor arshad.noor at strongauth.com
Tue Feb 17 13:32:08 EST 2009

Recently, there was a posting on this forum on the Key
Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) Technical
Committee charter, proposed by a group of storage vendors
(RSA, IBM, HP, et al) at OASIS.  (Unfortunately, I deleted
the posting, so I cannot refer to it directly, but here's
a link to the original posting):

http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg10274.html

I thought it might be useful to inform readers of this forum
that a contradictory opinion has been submitted to the OASIS
Charter list (by this author) at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oasis-charter-discuss/200902/msg00001.html

It is fair to warn readers that the contradictory opinion is
not a technical discussion of cryptography, but more a
political fallout in the KM space.  If KM standards are of
interest to readers, they may find the comments at the OASIS
link germane.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.