Obama's secure PDA

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sun Feb 1 23:53:40 EST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 11:17 PM, Ivan Krstić wrote:
> I'd find mobile e-mail just as useful if it went through a proxy
> that stripped out _everything_ that's not plaintext. I open
> attachments on my phone about once in a blue moon, and wouldn't miss
> the ability if it were gone.

As a postscript, it appears this type of proxy is exactly what's been
set up:

     "To minimize the risk, the government technology gurus
      have made it impossible to forward e-mail messages from
      the president or to send him attachments, people
      informed about the precautions say."
      -- <http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/01/us/politics/01obama.html>

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org