CSPRNG algorithms

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 20:15:04 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Travis
<travis+ml-cryptography at subspacefield.org> wrote:
> I have never seen a good catalog of computationally-strong
> pseudo-random number generators.  It seems that everyone tries to roll
> their own in whatever application they are using, and I bet there's a
> lot of waste and inefficiency and re-inventing the wheel involved.
>
> If this true, or is there a survey somewhere?  If not, would people
> like to help me create one by emailing me references to extant PRNG
> definitions?

Not complete, but this encyclopedia article has some links:
http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Random_number#Random_sequences_from_physical_phenomena
It is a wiki so if you can improve it, please do.

No doubt Wikipedia has a list as well. All the usual
crypto texts have chapters on it, too.

--
Sandy Harris,
Quanzhou, Fujian, China