Lava lamp random number generator made useful?

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 23:46:29 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 3:09 PM, IanG <iang at systemics.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a cheap USB random number source?

> I've often thought that if we had an open source hardware design of
> a USB random number generator ... that cost a few pennies to add
> onto any other USB toy ... then ...

Not USB, but ...

There is an excellent Open Source design for a true random number
generator using a sound card at: http://www.av8n.com/turbid/

Since many servers will have an unused sound card equivalent on
the motherboard, and a cheapo sound card is an easy addition to
others, this strikes me as a good solution.

--
Sandy Harris,
Quanzhou, Fujian, China