once more, with feeling.

Joss Wright joss at pseudonymity.net
Wed Sep 10 12:16:48 EDT 2008

Dave Howe wrote:

> One thing that concerns me is that in the new release of firefox, there
> appears to be NO way to get to a site that has a bad certificate (or
> self signed certificate) other than overriding the warning permanently -
> no "ok let me see it, I have seen the warning and want to look just this
> once" that the "remember mismatched domains" plugin for 2.x gave you.

I'm running Firefox 3.0.1 on (Gentoo) Linux and had coincidentally just
gone through this process.

When adding an exception for a site with an invalid security certificate
there is a checkbox at the bottom of the "Add Security Exception" window
that gives you the option to permanently store the exception. It is
checked by default, but the option not to do so is there (and works!)

Joss