once more, with feeling.

Dave Howe DaveHowe at gmx.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 18:21:52 EDT 2008

Darren J Moffat wrote:
> Warnings aren't enough in this context [ whey already exists ] the
> only thing that will work is stopping the page being seen - replacing
> it with a clearly worded explanation with *no* way to pass through
> and render the page (okay maybe with a debug build of the browser but
> not in the shipped product).

One thing that concerns me is that in the new release of firefox, there
appears to be NO way to get to a site that has a bad certificate (or
self signed certificate) other than overriding the warning permanently -
no "ok let me see it, I have seen the warning and want to look just this
once" that the "remember mismatched domains" plugin for 2.x gave you.