[ROS] The perils of security tools

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Fri May 23 17:40:45 EDT 2008

* Peter Gutmann:

> Debian seem to be particularly bad for not reporting changes to
> maintainers,

This shouldn't be the case.  There's a clear policy that non-packaging
changes (basically, anything beyond trivial build fixes and pathname
changes for FHS compliance) should be submitted upstream.

> I've got a few packages that are contained in a number of distros and
> I notice via occasional Google searches for semi-related items that
> I'm getting hits to CVS change logs for my code where someone is
> repeatedly re-applying some patch to every new version I release.

If you name names, we can certainly fix that.  I couldn't figure out
what packages are affected on Debian's side.