[mm] How is DNSSEC

Ben Laurie ben at links.org
Sat Mar 22 10:46:40 EDT 2008

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> 	Er... Allow me the option o fdisbeleiving your assertion.
> 	PTR records can and do point to mutiple names.  Some narrow
> 	implementations have assumed that there will only be a single
> 	data element and this myth - that PTRs only point to a single
> 	name - is and has been spread widely.

You can disbelieve my assertion if you wish, but I am only quoting the
RFC. RFC 1035, to be precise:

"Address nodes are used to hold pointers to primary host names
in the normal domain space."

(section 3.5. IN-ADDR.ARPA domain). So, the "myth" is in the scripture.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html           http://www.links.org/