How is DNSSEC

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Mar 20 18:52:07 EDT 2008

 From time to time I hear that DNSSEC is working fine, and on examining
the matter I find it is "working fine" except that ....

Seems to me that if DNSSEC is actually working fine, I should be able to
provide an authoritative public key for any domain name I control, and
should be able to obtain such keys for other domain names, and use such
keys for any purpose, not just those purposes envisaged in the DNSSEC
specification.  Can I?  It is not apparent to me that I can.