wrt Cold Boot Attacks on Disk Encryption

Len Sassaman rabbi at abditum.com
Sat Mar 15 17:12:23 EDT 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Ken Buchanan wrote:

> Adam Boileau demonstrated finding passwords, but of course we already
> know that it's easy to locate cryptographic keys in large volumes of
> data (Shamir, van Someren: http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/265947.html).

This was implemented (in part by some of my colleagues at Leuven as joint
work with Utimaco) as long ago as 2000:

"KeyGrab TOO The search for keys continues"
Dirk Janssens, Ronny Bjones, Joris Claessens

Citeseer seems to be offline at the moment, but if anyone's interested in
reading the paper, I believe I can give you a copy.

--Len.