The wisdom of the ill informed

Arshad Noor arshad.noor at strongauth.com
Sun Jun 29 17:00:59 EDT 2008

[Moderator's note: "Top posting considered uncool." --Perry]

While programmers or business=people could be ill-informed, Allen,
I think the greater danger is that IT auditors do not know enough
about cryptography, and consequently pass unsafe business processes
and/or software as being secure.

This is the reason why we in the OASIS Enterprise Key Management
Infrastructure Technical Committee have made educating IT Auditors
and providing them guidelines on how to audit symmetric key-management
infrastructures, one of the four (4) primary goals of the TC.  While
the technology is well understood by most people on this forum, until
we educate the gate-keepers, we have failed in our jobs to secure IT
infrastructure.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.