Mifare

Thor Lancelot Simon tls at rek.tjls.com
Mon Jul 14 10:42:23 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 02:41:29PM +1000, James A. Donald wrote:

> Now everyone is going to say it should have been put out for review, and
> of course it should have been, and had they done so they would have
> avoided these particular mistakes, but DNSSEC and WPA was reviewed to
> hell and back, and the result was still no damned good.

Really?  From a cryptographic -- not a political -- point of view, what
exactly is wrong with DNSSEC or WPA?

WPA certainly seems to be quite widely deployed.

Thor Lancelot Simon	                                   tls at rek.tjls.com
 "My guess is that the minimal training typically provided would only
 have given the party in question multiple new and elaborate ways to do
 something incomprehensibly stupid and dangerous."	-Rich Goldstone