Kaminsky finds DNS exploit

Udhay Shankar N udhay at pobox.com
Wed Jul 9 01:52:58 EDT 2008

I think Dan Kaminsky is on this list. Any other tidbits you can add
prior to Black Hat?

Udhay

http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/2008/07/08/kaminsky-breaks-dns/

Kaminsky Breaks DNS

Author: Dave Lewis
July 8, 2008 at 2:21 pm · Filed under Patches, Vulnerability

Well, sort of.

Today Dan Kaminsky released a first, as far as I can recall. A
coordinated patch was released today by Dan Kaminsky of IO Active that
fixes a vulnerability that apparently exists in all DNS servers.

Unlike other researchers who give up the gory details, Kaminsky took a
wiser path by smiling and nodding. He’ll give up the goods at Black Hat
in August. That should give folks enough time to patch their systems.

<snip>