Strength in Complexity?

Pat Farrell pfarrell at pfarrell.com
Wed Jul 2 11:56:44 EDT 2008

Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Jack Lloyd <lloyd at randombit.net> writes:
>> Out of curiosity, was this other spec Photuris?
>
> Sadly. That situation was long and complicated and I'd prefer not to
> go into it -- and I'd prefer actually if others didn't either, as it
> is much more about humans and non-security politics than it is about
> security or cryptography.

Isn't this true in general about nearly all security or cryptography?

At CyberCash, where we had real RSA/DES in the system, we found that
"users want convenience, not security"

We built a paypal equivalent on top of our real security. Paypal made it
look like they had security, but were convenient.

Which company was sold for over a Billion? and which went bankrupt?

Most "attacks" are more social engineering than breaking crypto.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/