fyi: independent contactless card e-money scheme called sQuid (UK)

' =JeffH ' Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Mon Jan 28 14:04:25 EST 2008

independent contactless card e-money scheme called sQuid (UK)
squidcard.com

From:    Peter Tomlinson <pwt at iosis.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Fwd: ID Stronghold
To:      ukcrypto at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Date:    Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:02:51 +0000

Roland Perry wrote:
> In article <479DF2A3.4020400 at iosis.co.uk>, Peter Tomlinson
> <pwt at iosis.co.uk> writes

>>> Although I should perhaps mention that Barclays variously call it
>>> "OnePulse" and "OneTouch", and never mention "Paywave"; just to keep
>>> the confusion marketing in top gear.

>> I'm looking for a Mastercard Paypass
> Is this yet another brand name? (Four and counting...)
>
> Does it interoperate with Paywave/OnePulse/OneTouch ?

Here is another one: Barclays use the Visa method, which was initially
called Visa Wave, and early news of it came out of Singapore.

Both methods (Mastercard and Visa) should work through the same
terminal, but I don't yet have proof.

Then there is a independent contactless card e-money scheme called sQuid
just launching (squidcard.com), and they will want to use the same
terminals...

Peter