Open source FDE for Win32

Ali, Saqib docbook.xml at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 23:13:19 EST 2008

I installed TrueCrypt on my laptop and ran some benchmark tests/

Benchmark Results:
http://www.full-disk-encryption.net/wiki/index.php/TrueCrypt#Benchmarks

Pros:
1) Easy to use product. Simple clean interface. Very user-friendly!
2) Free and Open Source
3) Multiple Encryption and Hashing algorithm available.

Cons:
1) Buffered Read and Buffered Transfer Rate was almost halved after
TrueCrypt FDE was enabled :-(.
2) Access Time for large file (250+MB) increased by 11%.
3) The initial encryption of the 120 GB HDD took 2 hours.