TLS-SRP & TLS-PSK support in browsers (Re: Dutch Transport Card Broken)

Victor Duchovni Victor.Duchovni at MorganStanley.com
Sun Feb 10 18:45:48 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 07:27:28PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Thu,  7 Feb 2008 16:37, Victor.Duchovni at MorganStanley.com said:
>
> > I don't have any idea why or why not, but all they can release now is
> > source code with #ifdef openssl >= 0.9.9  ... do PSK stuff ... #endif,
>
> The last time I checked the Mozilla code they used their own crypto
> stuff.  When did they switched to OpenSSL and how do they solve the
> GPL/OpenSSL license incompatibility?

You are probably right about that, they use the "NSS" library. It is
sometimes easy to forget that not all the world is OpenSSL...

--

 /"\ ASCII RIBBON                  NOTICE: If received in error,
 \ / CAMPAIGN     Victor Duchovni  please destroy and notify