questions on RFC2631 and DH key agreement

' =JeffH ' Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Fri Feb 1 23:03:23 EST 2008

docbook.xml at gmail.com said:
> http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/index.php?action=viewtopic&id=196

thanks, but that doesn't actually answer my first question. It only documents
that a and b (alice and bob) arrive at the ZZ value independently. My question
is actually concerning section 2.1.2 "Generation of Keying Material" in
RFC2631. My interpretation is that both parties are expected to generate
"keying material" per that section on their own, rather than one party doing
so and transmitting the results to the other party. This may seem obvious to
those steeped in the tradition here, but it perhaps isn't to outsiders (i have
a foot in both worlds).

thanks,

=JeffH