SRP implementation - choices for N and g

Tom Wu tjw99 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 00:43:18 EDT 2008

[Moderator's reminders:
        1) 80 column text is easier for many of us to read.
        2) Top posting considered harmful.
        3) Trim quoted text, and please use ">" quoting if possible.
 --Perry]

Michael,

I'd recommend taking a look a RFC 5054 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5054.txt).  Nearly all applications of SRP use application-wide choices for N and g, usually the ones standardized by IETF.  The main advantage of such standardization is that clients do not have to verify safety of N and g on each transaction, which can be time-consuming.

Tom