security questions

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Aug 7 10:13:26 EDT 2008

Stefan Kelm wrote:
>> Wells Fargo is requiring their online banking customers to provide
>> answers to security questions such as these:
>
> Does Wells Fargo really use the term "security question" here?

Yes it does. I'm a Wells Fargo customer and I had to set my "security
questions" yesterday in order to keep using their online banking system.
The resulting email notification said in part:

"Thank you for taking the time to set up your security questions. If we
ever need to confirm your identity, your ability to give the correct
answers to these questions will help us verify it's you."

/psa