OK, shall we savage another security solution?

Dave Korn dave.korn at artimi.com
Wed Sep 19 04:29:53 EDT 2007

On 18 September 2007 23:22, Leichter, Jerry wrote:

> Anyone know anything about the Yoggie Pico (www.yoggie.com)?  It claims
> to do much more than the Ironkey, though the language is a bit less
> "marketing-speak".  On the other hand, once I got through the
> marketing stuff to the technical discussions at Ironkey, I ended
> up with much more in the way of warm fuzzies than I do with Yoggie.
>
>  							-- Jerry

  Effectively, it's just an offload processor in fancy dress.

  It relies on diverting all your network traffic out to the USB and back just
before/after the NIC, which it presumably has to do with some sort of filter
driver, so it's subject to all the same problems vs. malware as any desktop
pfw.

  Unless your box is so overloaded that the pfw is starved of cpu cycles, I
can't see the use of it myself.

    cheers,
      DaveK