Intelligent Redaction

Leichter, Jerry leichter_jerrold at emc.com
Mon Oct 22 17:36:50 EDT 2007

| Xerox Unveils Technology That Blocks Access to Sensitive Data in
| Documents to Prevent Security Leaks
| http://www.parc.com/about/pressroom/news/2007-10-15-redaction.html
|
| The Innovation: The technology includes a detection software tool that
| uses content analysis and an intelligent user interface to easily
| protect sensitive information. It can encrypt only the sensitive
| sections or paragraphs of a document, a capability previously not
| available.
Actually, it looks as if Xerox has been doing a bunch of very
interesting work on the borderlines of security, privacy,
cryptography, and human factors.  I hadn't noticed it before.

Look, for example, at:

	http://www.parc.com/research/projects/security/default.html

(Now, can anyone account for the bizarre very light gray pattern
of lines that appear behind the top half or so of this page?)

							-- Jerry