Undocumented Bypass in PGP Whole Disk Encryption

Jon Callas jon at callas.org
Sat Oct 6 03:59:18 EDT 2007

On Oct 4, 2007, at 12:37 PM, travis+ml-cryptography at subspacefield.org
wrote:

> * PGP Signed by an unknown key
>
> http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/04/1639224&from=rss
>
> Interesting quote:
>
> Jon Callas, CTO and CSO of PGP Corp., responded that this [previously
> undocumented] feature was required by unnamed customers and that
> competing products have similar functionality.

Except that the guy who posted it was wrong on all of his complaints.
It's plenty documented. The "What's New?" section in the manual
documents it, the release notes document it and others.

We're examining how we document things. If you put in the release
notes for a product and the "What's New" section a description of a
feature and someone who is a security researcher can't find it there,
it calls into question how one organizes one's documents, of course.

If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

	Jon