Linus: Security is "people wanking around with their opinions"

William Allen Simpson william.allen.simpson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 17:35:57 EDT 2007

I often say, "Rub a pair of cryptographers together, and you'll
get three opinions.  Ask three, you'll get six opinions."  :-)

However, he's talking about security, which often isn't quantifiable!

And don't get me ranting about "provable" security....  Had a small
disagreement with somebody at Google the other week, as he complained
that variable moduli ruined the security proof (attempts) for SSH.