PlayStation 3 predicts next US president

Weger, B.M.M. de b.m.m.d.weger at TUE.nl
Thu Nov 29 23:29:35 EST 2007

Hi all,

We (Marc Stevens, Arjen Lenstra and me) have used a Sony PlayStation 3
to correctly predict the outcome of the 2008 US presidential elections.
See http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/Nostradamus if you want to know
the details of what this has to do with cryptography.

We also announce two different Win32 executables that have identical
MD5 hash values. This can be made to happen for any two executable
files.
This implies a vulnerability in software integrity protection and
code signing schemes that still use MD5.
See http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/SoftIntCodeSign for details.

Grtz,
Benne de Weger