Hushmail in U.S. v. Tyler Stumbo

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Nov 2 14:51:53 EDT 2007

>In practice, the larger danger with email is that the high-profile
>threats to email security are on the client side.

Right.  I haven't used the end to end Java stuff, but I believe that
it works.  Unfortunately, when you go to sign up, what you get by
default is a version that is little more than plain old web mail, and
their signup process does not say "if you use the web mail we can read
all your mail and will provide it in plain text if suboenaed."

That's what I take issue with, promoting web mail as though it were
secure end to end PGP.

R's,
John