can a random number be subject to a takedown?

Dave Korn dave.korn at artimi.com
Wed May 2 13:12:57 EDT 2007

On 01 May 2007 22:33, Jon Callas wrote:

> On May 1, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> unsigned char* guess_key(void)
> {
>      unsigned
>      char key[] = {0x0a, 0xFa, 0x12, 0x03,
>                    0xD9, 0x42, 0x57, 0xC6,
>                    0x9E, 0x75, 0xE4, 0x5C,
>                    0x64, 0x57, 0x89, 0xC1};
>
>      return key;
> }
>
> (Or it would if I'd put the actual AACS key in there.)

  Heh, that's a bit like the old issue of whether you can publish an OTP that
has certain "interesting" properties when used to en/decrypt some other public
domain information.

  See also http://preview.tinyurl.com/3dcse6
           http://preview.tinyurl.com/2d3hm3
           http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ey2mj

for more variations on this theme.  Wonder if you can issue a take-down notice
for a 301 redirect?

    cheers,
      DaveK