ad hoc IPsec or similiar

auto37159 at hushmail.com auto37159 at hushmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:01:01 EDT 2007

The wikipedia article has some information, but it could use some
edits if you have new information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunistic_encryption

rearden

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:52:13 -0400 Sandy Harris
<sandyinchina at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 6/22/07, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>
>> So what's the state in ad hoc IPsec/VPN setup for any end
>points?
>
>The Linux FreeS/WAN project was working on "opportunistic
>encryption".
>
>The general idea is that if you use keys in DNS to authenticate
>gateways
>and IPsec for secure tunnels then any two machines can communicate
>securely without their administrators needing to talk to each
>other or to
>set up specific pre-arranged tunnels.
>
>http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-
>2.00/doc/glossary.html#carpediem
>http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-
>2.00/doc/quickstart.html
>
>There is an RFC based on that work:
>ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4322.txt
>
>The FreeS/WAN project has ended. I do no know if the follow-on
>projects,
>openswan.org and strongswan.org, support OE.
>
>--
>Sandy Harris
>Quanzhou, Fujian, China

Click here to double your salary by becoming a medical transcriber
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4eKoYjYstwQcEy9UxPRDQcZZyB8BukGw6meHWNNe4g9MQFew/